Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Point of View: The Real Thing Michelle Obama

Photo: AP/Charles Rex Arbogast
“My statements are coming from my experiences and my observations and my frustrations.”
I can go along with these lines.
Michelle Obama :Outspoken, strong-willed, funny, gutsy and sometimes sarcastic.Mrs. Obama has also had to learn to tamp down her sometimes biting humor because it too often leaves Mr. Obama as the punch line. (It has been a long time since she has talked publicly about her husband of 15 years being smelly in the morning, as she told Glamour magazine, or forgetting to put away the butter.)
“What I’ve learned is that my humor doesn’t translate to print all the time,” she said in the interview. “But usually when I’m speaking to a group, people understand what I’m trying to say, they get the humor, they understand the sarcasm, they get the joke.”Her audiences do laugh. Talking about how long it took her and Mr. Obama, 47, to pay off their student loans (they did so only in the last couple of years), she told a church audience in Cheraw, S.C., “I’m still waiting for Barack’s trust fund.” They cackled. She continued: “Then I heard Dick Cheney was supposed to be a relative! Thought we might be in for something here.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/14/us/politics/14michelle.html?hp

No comments: