Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fernando Coelho dos Santos: Talk to Her(Sequel)



So,if one says that miracles do not happen,I must contradict that one.

This is a story about feelings.

On today's cold, grey and snowy day in New York,my mind crisscrossing with ideas,worries,pain,thoughts,laughter,hope and dreams,I could not believe hat was happening.
First I get a call from someone who likes me a lot,wondering about me.
A few hours later,to my surprise I receive an e-mail from Brazil.
And in the evening a friend of mine in Argentina sending me an e-mail asking about me.
Three Latin hombres.Ha! Que caliente.

A class friend of mine,from kindergarten days finally writes to me,after I had sent him a number of messages through the years.
Only that it was not a response to my messages.
He must have heard or seen the posting from last year....
http://atireugram.blogspot.com/2007/07/fernando-coelho-dos-santos-et-tubrutus.html
It kind of goes on a parallel with Australia Apologizing to Aborigines,only that in my case,
without a comprehensive and moving apology for past wrongs and a call for bipartisan action to improve my life.And with a play on words“The Parliament is today here assembled to deal with this unfinished business of the nation, to remove a great stain from the nation’s soul, and in a true spirit of reconciliation to open a new chapter in the history of this great land, Australia,” Mr. Rudd told Parliament.

My kindergarten friend,after years of us not seeing each other,in fact about 10,as I left the school in 1966,when I last run into him,in 1975 appeared on my front, like a vision,when I was on a vacation in Guaruja,the beach resort in Sao Paulo.He was screaming at me about the publication of an article in GRAPHIS 179 about my artwork.He also warned me that there was trouble ahead for me,as a result of that??? !!! and he fizzled into the mist of the waves and sand,leaving me puzzled forever.
Many years later,about 20 or more I saw a piece of news on the internet and I figured out the connection of Fernando and his absurd and surreal 1975 outburst.
It is simply a freaky story which could serve for a comics plot,the only downside being that my professional life suffered a surreal setback crossing continents and causing me great hardship.
So today's e-mails by Fernando are quite amusing and fodder or inspiration for a Pedro Almodovar movie....
Hello Pedro,can you hear me???????????
By the way, I must confess,that Latin men,with many of their shortcomings are more emotional and earthy then the anglo-saxons.For at least,Latin men,with the exception of the bad apples that can be found in every place ,shape and form in this life,at least have a sentimental streak, and certainly preserve in a charming way their memories of desires and seduction.
Fernando tells me that he remembers how the two of us,both kids in school,were running up and down the stairs and would stop on a landing in between..... and that he had a crush on me.
It certainly brings to my mind something that Balthus would have painted.
How nice to hear over 40+ years later that I was a femme fatale.Sarava!
He also tells me how he was involved in the the coordination of the Comics expos in Sao Paulo and Piracicaba,although he has no recollection of the episode on the beach.....
So here our dialogue dated 2/12/2008.(today)
Marguerita,
faz tempo...
Somente hoje vi seus comentários na internet.
Com nossa foto de 66 e tudo o mais, o que foi muito legal.
Confesso que não me lembro do nosso encontro no Guarujá em 1975, muito menos de qq comentário que possa ter feito a voce.
Minha índole não "casa" com o comentário que voce se lembra de eu ter feito na época. Me perdoe.
Em relação a convida-la para participar do Salão Mackenzie, em 1973, o convite foi para todos os artistas brasileiros, inclusive para voce. A mídia da época foi muito positiva levando nossa mensagem e convite para todos.
Em 1974 e 1975, de forma paralela, ajudei o Salão de Piracicaba. Em 1976, o primeiro salão realmente internacional, fui contratado para coordenar o Salão(embora meu nome não apareça no site do salão)
Em 1974, fui para o Salão de Lucca, Italia, (salão de quadinhos e cinema de animação) representando a Fundação Bienal, ocasião em que conheci todos os principais artistas e profissionais da área, inclusive o Moliterni.
Naquela ocasião conversei com todos sobre o projeto de levar para a Bienal uma grande exposição de quadrinhos e apresentação de filmes de animação. Também conversamos sobre o Salão de Piracicaba.
Não trabalho na área. Minha área é seguros, há tempos...
Mas consegui convencer o Mackenzie a registrar a história do Salão, e ajudei a elaborar um documentário em DVD de 15 mins, que foi muito bem recebido. Espero que voce o tenha visto.
Minha colega de primário, um grande abraço, Fernando


Marguerita,
fiz 58 em 13 janeiro.
Boa essa, 1956 !!! Voce realmente é guardadora de lembranças !
Casei duas vezes, não tenho filho, e estou solteiro, mas não deve ser por muito tempo.
NY ? Nâo, embora o Zelio quisesse que eu fosse com ele, pois vai casar uma filha semana que vem, e vai comemorar os setentão por aí.
Minha vida por aqui é boa, mas a parte profissional está ficando difícil com a globalização. Operadores mundiais chegam com muita grana, muito nome, muita estrutura, e nóis brasileirinhos sifu. Mas continuo na luta bravamente, e vou superar essa avalanche.
Voce continua a desenhar ? Artes ?

F

Vou tomar a maior liberdade !
Vendo o desenho do beijo, me lembro que no primário subíamos, e descíamos as escadas. No meio sempre tinha uma parada. Nesse momento, quando estavamos na parte que dava para ver a parte de baixo, voce se debruçava e eu que estava atrás me debruçava também.
A LIBERDADE: essa sempre era uma hora indescritível na ocasião, porque eu sempre dava uma encoxada em voce !
Êta nóis !

F


Desculpe, escrevi errado. Vi seus desenhos, e continuam bacanas.
O que queria perguntar era o que estava fazendo. Site e blog é um canal
Acabo de ler, e me lembrar, que voce desenhou para apresentação de novela da Rede Globo. (Rebu)
(Marguerita is an artist who is best known as an illustrator, but also works in painting, sculpture, jewelry and comics.)
Agora sei que continuas a mesma, exceto quanto a escultura e jóias, que não sabia.
Seria legal nos encontrarmos novamente, mas agora não vai dar. Tenho que ficar por aqui, cuidar da "lojinha"
F

Velhinho, o escambau !
Sábio !








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anyway err on abercrombie Outlet the side of caution and choose the abercrombie and fitch larger size. If the abercrombie sale size 20 blouse is too big, but abercrombie & fitch the size 18 is too small, choose abercrombie the larger blouse. This will enable you to have it fitted. A seamstress or tailor abercrombie uk can't do anything with a garment that's too small abercrombie london -- he or she can, however, tailor a garment abercrombie and Fitch Polo that's too big to fit you to a T.Most plus size abercrombie Polos women's clothing will fail to fit one particular part of her body.