Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hillary : To Be or Not to Be: A Shakes variation or Hill Shakes It

America has been shipwrecked in a violent storm off the coast of Illyria; in the process she has lost her twin brother. She disguises herself as ..“turn up the heat”
Neither Mrs. Clinton nor Mr. Obama mentioned the other by name`“That’s why telling the American people who we think they want to hear instead of telling the American people what they need to hear just won’t do it. Triangulating and poll-driven positions because we’re worried about what Mitt or Rudy might say about us just won’t do it.”There are some who will say they don’t know where I stand, so do not tear each other down”










Act I, Scene II - Viola is shipwrecked off the coast of Illyria and believes that her brother has been drowned.


Enter Viola, a Captain, and sailors

VIOLA

What country, friends, is this?

CAPTAIN

This is Illyria, lady.




VIOLA

And what should I do in Illyria?
My brother, he is in Elysium.
Perchance he is not drowned. What think you, sailors?

CAPTAIN

It is perchance that you yourself were saved.

VIOLA

O, my poor brother! and so perchance may he be.



I. ii. 1-8



SIR ANDREW

Faith, I'll home tomorrow, Sir Toby. Your niece will not be seen, or if she be, it's four to one she'll none of me; the Count himself, here hard by, woos her.

SIR TOBY

She'll none o'the Count; she'll not match above her degree, neither in estate, years, nor wit. I have heard her swear't. Tut, there's life in't, man.

SIR ANDREW

I'll stay a month longer. I am a fellow o'the strangest mind i'the world. I delight in masques and revels sometimes altogether.



I.iii.101-110


VIOLA

Say I do speak with her, my lord, what then?

Act II, Scene III - Malvolio tells off Sir Toby and Sir Andrew after they have been singing with Feste.

ORSINO

O, then unfold the passion of my love.
Surprise her with discourse of my dear faith...


MALVOLIO

My masters, are you mad? Or what are you? Have you no wit, manners, nor honesty, but to gabble like tinkers at this time of night? Do you make an alehouse of my lady's house, that ye squeak out your coziers' catches without any mitigation or remorse of voice? Is there no respect of place, persons, nor time in you?

Act III, Scene









Act III, Scene I - Olivia declares her love for Viola-Cesario


OLIVIA

Cesario, by the roses of the spring,
By maidhood, honour, truth, and everything,
I love thee so that, maugre all thy pride,
Nor wit nor reason can my passion hide.
Do not extort thy reasons from this clause,
For that I woo, thou therefore hast no cause.
But rather reason thus with reason fetter:
Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better.



III.i.147-154



MALVOLIO

. . . Soft, here follows prose: (Reads) 'If this fall into thy hand, revolve. In my stars I am above thee, but be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em.



II.v.137-141



II.iii.83-89



I.iv.23-25






No comments: