Monday, August 13, 2007

Le Mari Imaginaire


Le Mari Imaginaire,d'apres Le Malade Imaginaire by
Moliere.
The exaggerated nature of the main character provides a fertile source of inspiration for this realistic tragic comic satire.
"If you marry me I will do everything I possibly can to take care of you and make you happy- and earn your love."And with that power comes all of the negative baggage.

Do you think that you will enlighten me?
to behave in any other way ?

Not with a torpid mind....

I became angered by the car
and the usual pressures..... but your demands of "feed me I am helpless" I do not accept. per verbatim
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

She weeps bitterly in the night,
with tears on her cheeks;
among all her lovers
she has no one to comfort her;
all her friends have dealt treacherously with her,
3 Judah has gone into exile
with suffering and hard servitude
she lives now among the nations,
and finds no resting place
her pursuers have all
overtaken her in the midst
of her distress

.from the Book of Lamentations

Pour moi, qui ne veux un mari que pour l'aimer veritablement, ...

“I couldn’t believe my ears.
‘But you hardly know me,’ I said.
‘We really don’t know each other at all.’

Love is an apple, round and firm,
without a blemish or a worm.
Bite into it and you will find
you’ve found your heart and lost your mind.

Brooke Astor

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/6422/rev0183.html




No comments: