Saturday, October 6, 2007

Testosterone all but flies off the canvas.

photo by David Appleby





Mentally robust, as full of righteous rage, as ever.
“I don’t make judgments about my own work,
and I don’t analyze it; I just let it happen.
That applies to everything I’ve done. I do tend to think that I’ve written a great deal out of my unconscious because half the time I don’t know what a given character is going to say next.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/movies/07lyal.html?ref=arts
http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/hpinter.htm

Language is not only used as a means of communication but as a weapon. Beneath the words, there is a silence of fear, rage and domination, fear of intimacy.

English playwright who achieved international success as one of the most complex post-World War II dramatists. Harold Pinter's plays are noted for their use of silence to increase tension, understatement, and cryptic small talk. Equally recognizable are the 'Pinteresque' themes - nameless menace, erotic fantasy, obsession and jealousy, family hatred and mental disturbance. In 2005, Pinter was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature.

No comments: